Summer Sketchbook:


In summer 2013 I produced a sketchbook of research and ideas that would help lead me to my final major project. I looked at many different magazines for inspiration and fashion styling was one that stuck out to me. Below are scanned in images of my sketchbook with different fashion trends, I also looked at London Fashion Week as that is the main fashion event that happens every season. I also looked at smaller fashion show events like, In Moda to understand how varied the fashion industry is.





On these next pages I looked into Bestival, which I attended this summer and was very inspired by. Below you can see images I have taken and what I thought about the experience.



At the beginning of the summer holidays we all interned at different firms for our course. I chose to intern at Rich London PR, which is a menswear PR company that specifically deals with musicians and I also interned for a stylist named Heather Falconer, who also has a magazine called Spindle magazine, which I helped out with new music.



I then looked into different events that happen in the celebrity world including, the Oscars and the BRIT awards. The red carpet is an important factor of the fashion industry as each celebrity competes against one another to look the best at the awards show.




I have looked into different fonts online as well as getting inspiration from magazines. Below are some of the fonts I am considering using for my concept.



Right at the beginning of my sketchbook I wanted to show what I was interested in, and the things I would like to highlight include, magazine editing, having my own business and the music industry. I really like going to watch bands play at gigs and festivals.






I produced 8 ideas to help me uncover what it is I would like to produce for my final major project. My idea 7 is what fuelled my concept.. A service for a music event. This has evolved and developed into my new music promotion agency.










0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Profile

My name is Beki Hayler and I am a third year University student, studying Fashion Media and Promotion at Northbrook College, Worthing.

Blogroll

About

This blog looks at the development processes of my final major project; a promoting agency that supports new musicians.