Research: Social media:


Social media is a very big part of promotion, many people promote themselves through it as a hobby. It is the latest trend to be apart of Instagram, Facebook and Twitter but social media can be used for a much bigger picture. Many of the musicians I will be promoting will most probably already be using social media to promote what they are doing but my agency can help with this even more. Social media is a great way to promote clients for free and we will make sure we constantly update our Twitter feed, Instagram pictures and Facebook statuses. Almost all of my clients fans will be a social media user, which automatically leeds them to us. 

I have already created a SoundCloud account and have been listening to new music through it, it is a great website that introduces new music to the world instantly. SoundCloud is good for uploading new music and listening to it, which is what I will use this website to do but it isn't as good to promote bands because most new music is heard through popular pages, unless you are searching for a specific band. 


Twitter is updated constantly and many people use it to find information in the music and fashion world. It is a social media site that brings the general public closer to the celebrities personal lives. Twitter will be a good way to promote my clients and let their fans know when and where they are planning at events or gigs. 


Almost everyone that uses Facebook will be on it more than twice a day. People go to Facebook when they have nothing to do or to find out what their friends are doing. Many big companies are using Facebook to benefit them, for example, Vogue use it to give their readers instant access to celebrity pictures and news. This will be a great way to communicate with my clients fans and get the agencies name out there to the public. 


Instagram is my favourite social media site, it instantly uploads pictures you have taken, which you can edit and then everyone who follows you can see what you are doing through an image. Celebrities use this app a lot and allow their fans to see inside their busy lives, this is what we can do with our clients too. We want to personally connect with our clients fans and this is the best way to do it. 


I have been using Pinterest with this project because it is a great way to get inspiration, however I don't think it is the best way to promote my clients or my agency. It is used more for mood boards and inspiration than to find new music.


Concluding, I will be using: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram mostly but will also use SoundCloud to upload new music and hope it gets listened to, if I build up the SoundCloud account it will hopefully get recognition over time.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Profile

My name is Beki Hayler and I am a third year University student, studying Fashion Media and Promotion at Northbrook College, Worthing.

Blogroll

About

This blog looks at the development processes of my final major project; a promoting agency that supports new musicians.