Inspiration: Website design:


PR companies are creative and know how to promote their clients, therefore I researched the way that their websites were designed. Major PR companies especially within the fashion business have clean layouts which are very minimalistic. 

I had the pleasure of working with Rich London PR and also met their website designer, a lot of thought has gone into their website as they wanted to attract a male audience, and keep it simple enough to be understandable. The images are presented in a square grid, which shows what press they have contacts with, this is a good way to promote the companies capabilities. I like the black and white theme as it isn't too distracting, which makes the audience look towards the images.


This PR company has a similar technique to Rich London's website and uses a square grid, this seems to be clear to the audience as it is obvious what you are looking at; clients of the company. The white background again, is very similar to Rich London's design.


Push PR have a good logo, it is striking and stands out. This means that the audience can relate the colour pink to Push PR and it could also be a running colour theme. I have already stated that I would like my colour theme to be black and white however, I could use colour in a different way, using it in my backgrounds or photography. This design is very simple and doesn't stand out as much as the square grid layouts do.


Snow PR have a running theme of purple, which is very clear in this image. This is their home page and you can clearly see that they have used a square grid layout, but using their own creative skills to make it different. I like this and I'm inspired by it. The purple overlay looks interesting and makes the audience look deeper into the home page keeping them on their site for longer. Snow PR use a lot of white in their background, which works well due to the colour choice.


Purple PR have a standard square grid layout again and have a very professional looking home page. I like that it is filled with pictures of the work they have done, and if you hover over the image it gives you a brief description of what is on the link. It is very clear, and simple to understand.


Coffin on cake PR is a creative company, which shines through their home page. I really like it. Their logo is different and catches your eye due to the colour, especially because of the image that is used underneath. The home page is very minimalistic and really catches my eye. The images are strong, the logo and title is strong and the white space diverts any distractions.


To finalise, I think I will try to combine the square grid layout with the design you see above, I want a creative and professional layout and both of these caught my eye. I need to create a name for my agency and practice different layout designs that would work best for it.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Profile

My name is Beki Hayler and I am a third year University student, studying Fashion Media and Promotion at Northbrook College, Worthing.

Blogroll

About

This blog looks at the development processes of my final major project; a promoting agency that supports new musicians.