Practice: Location shoots.


Today I walked around Brighton looking for potential photo shoot locations. Most of which I found in the seafront area, below are all of the images I have taken: 

abandoned railway on the beach:


It could be a great location for an atmospheric shoot, which can be edited well with colour.


Underneath the pier:
Is a good location to capture texture.


Old telephone boxes:
I came across these old telephone boxes, which I thought would be a good location to create a happy and jokey shoot, if any of the bands I use have a witty personality this would be a handy location. 


Brighton Pier is an iconic structure in Brighton that many people would go to visit, so this would be a good place to promote Brighton and my bands routes.




I found this small hut on the seafront, which is low enough to be able to sit on. 


This is also a part of Brighton that many people will be able to recognise, on a windy day it could be cool to get my band members to stand there against the waves. A fun photo shoot.


This is just an old bench but I liked how it had character.


Which is the same for this picture, it is full of character and could be great for a photo shoot to add an atmosphere to it.



This tunnel leads from the bottom of town to the seafront, and could be a good location to use different lighting effects in.


The old ruins of the old pier:


This structure looks much like an old band stand, so if my band had their instruments set up on here it could make a nice composition for a photo shoot.


This is an empty church, which could be an interesting set up of instruments inside if we can get in.


The outside is also over grown so that could give lots of different textures to work with.


In the lanes there are a lot of graffiti areas, it could be interesting to use the background against my musicians.



Although it would be great to get photo's of my clients in Brighton, I also have access to the white and black studios at Northbrook college so will hope to take some images at this location as well. Brighton is a great place to have photo shoots but I don't want all of the photographic material in portfolio packages to be in Brighton. It needs to be varied so that my clients have a diverse range of images to showcase.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Profile

My name is Beki Hayler and I am a third year University student, studying Fashion Media and Promotion at Northbrook College, Worthing.

Blogroll

About

This blog looks at the development processes of my final major project; a promoting agency that supports new musicians.