Website design:


I have been looking at a few different websites to understand where I could create my website for my agency. Many of these websites cost to have your website live however, and some are quite expensive, taking Mr Site into consideration; it is £99 for a year. Below you will see examples of the designs Square Space and Mr Site offer.

Square Space:



Square Space is a great website that creates a design for the customer and you can use templates to help build a website that is professional looking. The template you see above is on a grid layout, which you can see may be efficient for my customers as you will be able to see a variety of profiles. After you click on their square icon you can view their portfolio including, music, photoshoots, events that are on and many more things. The website is a portal for all of my new musicians, through my service clients can use the material on their own websites as well.


I like the look of this template, it may not be the best design for what I want to create however it could potentially be a homepage layout. If I had an image that described my company with the name over the top of it, it could look really professional. Then in the top bar it could have a link to my bands, music and other events that are happening at the time. Id like my website to be updated constantly so that whoever visits will find the correct information and nothing with be out of date.


I think this website design could really fit with my bands pages. Its a creative and professional way to showcase photoshoots and videos that we have shot with them. The black and white theme could work really well on these pages, highlighting images of the bands in colour to ensure they are the focus. On these pages there will be information about the band; where they come from, whose in the band, what is important to them. Then it will have shoots that highlight their personalities and music styles, finally there will be a place for music videos and other music so that their fans can listen to what they have produced as well as event dates to see them live. This website is purely based around promoting new bands so I need to make sure I do this. Like sound cloud and MySpace they are based around the bands promoting themselves, however my service will make sure we promote the bands professionally.


Mr Site:
Mr site is similar to Square Space as they provide template designs for the customer. Mr Site works out slightly cheaper than Square Space but there is less choice and it isn't as creative. Below are some examples:



Both of these examples are very plain and simple, I don't want my website to look normal, I want it to look inviting and artistic. I can't look at all of the templates on the Mr Site website because I haven't paid yet, so maybe when I start my final major project in the next project I could see more designs.

Show Studio:
Show studio is an online videography website that highlights fashion and culture. Nick Knight is the chief and founder of this website and whenever I visit it, it looks intriguing. On the home page there are a variety of videos playing and it all looks really interesting, if I had the ability to do this I could have music videos I have made with my clients on the homepage and the customer can click on one to watch it.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Profile

My name is Beki Hayler and I am a third year University student, studying Fashion Media and Promotion at Northbrook College, Worthing.

Blogroll

About

This blog looks at the development processes of my final major project; a promoting agency that supports new musicians.