Competitors research:



Below are my competitors.
They are both based in Brighton and are both Record Labels.
The first is called Fat Cat Records
and the second is called Skint Entertainment.


Fat Cat Records. 
They have signed many bands that aren’t mainstream including, Honeyblood, TRAAMS and His Clancyness.
What I have discovered with record labels is that their website is similar to a shop where you can buy music. The main information they have on their website is about bands and artistes.  Who they are, events and tours they have done and where to buy their music. 





Skint Entertainment.
This label is the home to Fat Boy Slim. Although his success is global Skint Entertainment is still a small company.
Their role is to sign bands within the club scene and then sell their music on. Within my research I have found that many record labels do not help artists promote themselves, which is where my agency will help new bands dramatically. While Skint Entertainment has many great musicians under their company umbrella many of these bands will struggle to succeed because the promotional side isn’t being professionally taken care of. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Profile

My name is Beki Hayler and I am a third year University student, studying Fashion Media and Promotion at Northbrook College, Worthing.

Blogroll

About

This blog looks at the development processes of my final major project; a promoting agency that supports new musicians.