Research: Music websites:



As music is ever changing, the easiest way to report and discover new music is over the internet. This is why I have decided to base my service online, especially because the clients I am targeting my service at are young individuals that are used to looking on the Internet for inspiration and new opportunities. 

The first music website I have looked at is, All Music. This website looks at new and old music and encourages people to listen to new releases. It is quite simply a website that has interactive music players as well as some articles on music news.



The next website I looked at was, Spotify. Many people use Spotify online because it is a free music site to listen to all sort of music. You create and choose playlists on this website and listen to your favourite music. The only problem with Spotify is that if you don't pay for it you will constantly have adverts between the songs you are listening to.


I have also looked at, MTV because this is a music website but at a mainstream level. MTV reports popular music, including the top 40 charts. If you look at the picture below you will see categories of charts, playlists and live music. You can interactively listen to the most popular music at the time and it is constantly updated so that you receive the correct information. One Direction and Justin Beiber is in the picture bellowing, showing that MTV reports mainstream music and creates a website that gives the reader all of the latest gossip.


Finally, I looked at SoundCloud. I have also made myself a SoundCloud account so that I can keep track of new music. This website is a social media network that many musicians upload their own music to so that anyone in the world can listen to it. If the music trends then more and more people will listen to a particular song and music artists are more likely to find stardom from it. I like SoundCloud because it is made up of many different music tastes and you are always presented with something new everyday. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Profile

My name is Beki Hayler and I am a third year University student, studying Fashion Media and Promotion at Northbrook College, Worthing.

Blogroll

About

This blog looks at the development processes of my final major project; a promoting agency that supports new musicians.