Research: Music blogs:




I have researched many different music blogs to find out what information they put on it, how they connect with their audience and how they portray musicians. Some of my competitors may be music blogs because I am aiming my agency at young innovators that are looking for new talent. The music blogs that I research may be inspiring to me through what I should put on my website or how the layout looks. Blogs are free, which makes it easy for anyone to make one, these blogs may be more inspiring than big conglomerate websites like Sony. 

Music blogs:

http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicblog

The Guardian have their own music blog that tells you all the latest information in the music world. They have posted new music videos and first look listens of big named artists like Kylie Minogue. The Guardian also gives the reader information on music articles and interesting facts. Although the Guardian doesn't have a great layout, all of the information is there on their blog and it is very informative. 

http://sixsongs.blogspot.co.uk

This is a personal blog that highlights the authors favourite songs from old and new. The author has a variety of music posts but many of them are also on different topics. The music that is reported on this blog is: Kathleen Edwards, Failure. Red Hot Chill Peppers, Snow and Switchfoot, Gravity. This is a range of different genres. Again, this blog isn't very pleasing to look at but the information is very key.

http://www.hypebot.com

Hypebot is another music blog yet it focuses on the news in the music world. For example: 

Warner Music Group Settles Download Royalty Lawsuit For $11.5 Million

This in itself creates a much more newspaper like blog to form and the layout is very similar to the one seen in The Guardian.

http://www.dittomusic.com/blog/

Ditto music is a blog that caters for musicians that aren't signed yet, posting different opportunities to get your song featured on a website or to play at a festival. This blog is a great connection for my clients to get themselves promoted. Maybe my agency could use this blog to find new opportunities regularly. I also like the colour scheme to this blog. 

http://amusicblogyea.com

A music blog yea, is another individual blog, however this one looks much more professional and much more like a website. Although blogs are free there are plenty of ways to make your blog look professional and I think this is an important aspect of my business. 

From all of the blogs I have looked at, I have found inspiration in Ditto music blog and A music blog yea. Both of these blogs are useful to musicians and look presentable. All of these blogs will be competitors of mine because they are all free, so my clients will probably look at many different blogs for inspiration. There are hundreds of music blogs over the Internet, I have only highlighted a few that stood out to me. I will definitely use Ditto music to my advantage so that I can give my clients possible chances for great opportunities. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Profile

My name is Beki Hayler and I am a third year University student, studying Fashion Media and Promotion at Northbrook College, Worthing.

Blogroll

About

This blog looks at the development processes of my final major project; a promoting agency that supports new musicians.