Research: Music PR:



Through research I have found a music PR company called 'I Like Press' it is a PR company that is based in Leeds, and they help musicians get into the press through events and other online techniques. 'I Like Press' founded due to the popular music scene in Leeds through up and coming students. This is a similar target audience to my agency therefore 'I Like Press' will be one of my main competitors. However, their target audience is in Leeds and not Brighton. I would also like to focus my agency on promoting bands and having a personal relationship with them instead of just trying to get them into the press as much as possible. 

I really like the website design on 'I Like Press' as it is professional and clear, they have a solid colour theme running through the website, which is blue, white and grey. The website is interactive and easy to use, I have got inspiration from researching this PR company as it is closely related to my concept idea. Below are screen shots I have taken from the website to visualise this research:

As you can see they have a logo on the home page that goes with the rest of the websites aesthetics. 


This image is of the links you can press to see more.


Below is the page under the 'bands' button, which has a range of different artists they are representing, however each link only takes you to their Facebook page, it doesn't show any work they have done for them. This is the main difference between my concept and this PR company. I want to create promotional images etc... for my clients and promote them on my own website as well as helping them promote themselves. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Profile

My name is Beki Hayler and I am a third year University student, studying Fashion Media and Promotion at Northbrook College, Worthing.

Blogroll

About

This blog looks at the development processes of my final major project; a promoting agency that supports new musicians.