Research: Music events:


I am planning on organising many events for my agency and for my clients. Watching bands live is a very social and enjoyable experience and I would like to make this happen as much as possible. I have researched different events from all over the world, looking at festivals and other gigs, I then went onto researching event spaces in Brighton to see possible venues that I could use.

Live events have been happening for many, many years and were once the most important part of music, here you can see The Beatles playing at a small festival. Now through the use of the Internet it is much easier for the general public to get access to live events while being at home but the experience isn't the same. While my website will be interactive online, I want to make sure I am also interacting with my clients and they are interacting with fans personally. 


Below, is Burberry's new Regents Street interactive store, which bands and music artists play regularly at. The store have a different purpose of fashion retail but Burberry connect with their buyers through events like this.


This is a festival called 2,000 trees, it is a small festival and very economical. Bands that I promote in my agency will almost certainly have dreams of playing at a festival, this can happen at small festivals to gain experience as well as building a fan base. Playing live at events and festivals is the best way to promote a band and make sure that the right fans hear their music.


From looking at events as a whole, I started to look at Brighton event spaces and researching where would be a possible event space for my opening as well as my musicians gigs. I would like to keep it all quite cultural to Brighton. Below, is a picture from Brighton Dome, which is quite a big event space but if my agency was successful it could be a possibility. 


Here is another big event space at the Hilton on Brighton seafront. I quite like this space as it is square and you can fit plenty inside it. If I have bands playing on a make shift stage then had other stands showcase videos, photo shoots etc... it could be a perfect venue for an opening. However, it is an expensive venue to hire so this isn't suitable for me as of yet.


I really like this venue space, Vodka Revs in Brighton. It is a well known bar down the main club strip and could be a cool place to have bands play, with a bar and food available this could be an easy event space that caters for everyone.


This event space is called the Dream Factory Hangout, which was used for the digital festival in Brighton. I think this venue is interesting and a good size. If the tables and chairs were moved this could be a perfect space for bands gigs. I like the warehouse feel to it and the make shift stairs to get upstairs.


This event space is Audio on Brighton seafront. This venue is notorious for its music nights as it is a well known club. This space is smaller than the others I have looked at but it has a nice feel to it and could be used efficiently with the bar facility. I wouldn't have to worry about the noise restrictions either as Audio will already have them.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Profile

My name is Beki Hayler and I am a third year University student, studying Fashion Media and Promotion at Northbrook College, Worthing.

Blogroll

About

This blog looks at the development processes of my final major project; a promoting agency that supports new musicians.