Segmentation:


Acorn is a website that you can use to look at demographics of the people that live in certain areas. For my first search I typed in my old student postcode, my agency is based in Brighton so my old postcode is a perfect place that my client would live. Below is the summary of the type of person that lives at this postcode:


Acorn are right, my client is someone who is educated and young, most of my clients wont own a house or flat yet, they will most probably be renting or living with parents to save money. 
'These young people are at the earlier stages of their career.' 
I am not looking to target people on benefits or jobseekers allowance, my clients will be active, ambitious and will work hard to get to where they want to be. 


Most of my clients living in Brighton will either have education behind them or a job that can support them. 

After looking at Brighton I searched Acorn using their options, when looking at the list I clicked 'rising prosperity' then 'career climbers' both these categories are who I want my target consumer to be. They are individuals that want success for themselves. 


'While having degrees and executive jobs possibly directorships, their incomes will not generally be a corresponding amount above the average income.' - This is something I need to keep in mind as most of my clients will not be earning above the average therefore I will need to make prices for my services at a considered amount. 


Many of my clients will have credit cards and debt to pay off, they may just be starting to pay tax as well as household income.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Profile

My name is Beki Hayler and I am a third year University student, studying Fashion Media and Promotion at Northbrook College, Worthing.

Blogroll

About

This blog looks at the development processes of my final major project; a promoting agency that supports new musicians.