Research: Styling:


Heather Falconer is a London based freelance stylist who used to go to Northbrook. I had the pleasure of working with her during my placement project. I interned on her magazine called, Spindle magazine and then worked along side her while she styled musicians like Vince Kidd and Vanessa from the Saturdays. Here is her website home page, it looks professional and clear.


A link to her website is: http://cargocollective.com/heatherfalconer/Musicians

I learnt alot of things from Heather while interning with her, the main one being that styling is hard work. While being a freelance stylist you need to get all of the clothes, accessories etc all by yourself. You can't afford couriers or deliveries, it is much simpler and cheaper to do it by yourself which is what I helped her with. I assisted Heather while she styled Vince Kidd, and picked up many bags of clothing from PR companies for her. It is always better to get too many clothes than too little so that your client can have a choice.

Another stylist I have researched is called, Rosie Williams. Below is her homepage which I dont think is as strong as Heathers. Rosie has worked with many different people ranging from LABRecords to InStyle magazine. While being a freelance stylists many people need to have a job on the side as it isn't sustainable all the time. 


Rosies website link is: http://www.rosie-williams.com/BIOGRAPHY

From looking at freelance stylists it is clear to see that it is difficult to build a client list. I would be giving my stylists their clients and would need their styling skills throughout the time my clients were with me. I would like to have one or two specific stylists working for me full time and then if needed some assistants on days where we are shooting with our music artists. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Profile

My name is Beki Hayler and I am a third year University student, studying Fashion Media and Promotion at Northbrook College, Worthing.

Blogroll

About

This blog looks at the development processes of my final major project; a promoting agency that supports new musicians.