Abstract:


My final major project is something that I have thought long and hard about, I want to create something entrepreneurial that I am proud of at the end of my third year degree.
My concept looks deeper into the promotional side of the fashion industry and I plan on using it to help new bands in the closely related, music industry.
My concept is to create a music agency that focuses on promoting new bands and music artists. Through styling, photo shoots and organising music events, my agency will help bands get themselves out there when they have no other help.
I have researched many record labels and PR companies focusing on music but none of which focus purely on helping the bands and music artists start out. Record labels concentrate solely on their music, from making it to selling it. I want to focus on the other side that might not be looked after as much. Something that up and coming artists may struggle with through time management and lack of creativity within shoots and music events.
I aim to make sure I don’t change my client’s musical look. I will be working with them to figure out what they like, how they want to be perceived, who their audience are? All of these define who they are so this is something I feel strongly to keep the same.
The objective of my concept is to create a successful agency that can help music artists with the transition before making it into the industry. There is amazing music out there that hasn’t been heard yet, purely because they need help promoting themselves. This is what I am here for.
The aims of my service are; styling, photography, music videos and creative samples for record labels. I will have a team in my agency that will cover all of these aspects and if my clients need help with music samples to send off to record labels I will help them make it stand out.
I love music because everyone is involved in it. Whether it is listening to new music on the radio or downloading old tunes you used to love, we are surrounded by it. I believe that music means something; you can connect with lyrics or associate a song with a specific moment in your life. These are all reasons why music needs to remain in our lives, because after all it would be boring without it. I want to be involved in this industry and I believe that this is a possible way to benefit new music artists. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

My Profile

My name is Beki Hayler and I am a third year University student, studying Fashion Media and Promotion at Northbrook College, Worthing.

Blogroll

About

This blog looks at the development processes of my final major project; a promoting agency that supports new musicians.